Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Date de publication
Why you will love it here
* Safe work culture
We value respect, kindness, and the right to fail.
* Flexible hours
We schedule our days in order to be effective at work, while also being able to enjoy life's important moments.
* Great people
We value people skills as much as technical skills and strive to keep things friendly and laid back. Still, that does not prevent us to be passionate and leaders in our domains. Our 100+ SonarSourcers from 20 different nationalities can relate!
* Work-life balance
Keeping a healthy work-life balance is important. Which is why some people prefer working some days work from home.
* Always keep learning
In an ever-changing industry, learning new skills is a must, and we're happy to help our team to acquire them.
What we do
SonarSource was started by a team of developers that wanted to change the way code is built in an agile development process. The company was created to develop the open-source tool SonarQube, which is now the standard in code quality management with over 190,000 instances deployed today. Every day we are focused on solving developers' next big problem.
Who we are
At SonarSource we believe in people, excellence, and delivery. We're a team of problem solvers and overachievers who seek out others who are also passionate and relentless in their respective missions. We want to work with people who are ready to fasten their seat belts and be part of an incredible ride. We work hard not because we're told to, but because we genuinely love what we do and do what we love. If there's one main message we want you to remember about us, it's that we push others to be best in class at whatever they do: choose your battle, innovate, take risks, and lead change. Join us; we'll be smarter and stronger together.
Description du poste :
We are a team of five accountants based in Geneva, Switzerland and Austin, TX and are looking to grow by adding more talent to the team. The Finance team is still in the early stages of establishing and implementing processes and systems to meet accounting compliance requirements. If you are an accounts payable / receivable specialist who is looking to have a significant impact in a team which is still establishing the accounting infrastructure, in a company going through high growth, then keep reading!
The impact you can have
Your passion for detail and accounting skills will help our team more quickly and effectively implement the proper controls, processes, and systems required for a sophisticated accounting team. We are still in the early stage of developing our accounting infrastructure, so you will have plenty of opportunities to make an impact on how we build our team and responsibilities.
SonarSource is a team-based organization. We rely on co-responsibility. We are very ambitious and want to reach a high level of quality and delivery.
In order to do this, we require someone who enjoys collaborating with others, has experience with the accounts payable/receivable process, and who wishes to assist with systems implementation. Since we are still evolving, you have the opportunity to use your talent and creativity to help build our accounting function.
Accounts Payable Tasks
* Record supplier invoices into our accounting software along with verifying the coding and approval of these invoices within the Company's policy
* Perform monthly close activities, such as preparing journal entries, roll-forwards, and reconciliations of GL accounts
* Prepare payment batches and process payments for entities located in 4 different locations across Europe and the US
* Enter and reconcile bank fees into accounting system
* Support the annual financial audit process with our external auditor
* Respond to requests/confirmation regarding payments to vendors
* Identify and address opportunities to improve processes and ERP usage
* Perform additional duties as assigned
Accounts Receivable Tasks
* Participate in collection activities to maximize cash receipts
* Participate in performing monthly reconciliation and analysis of accounts receivable balance
* Assist with uploading invoices and credit notes into our accounting system on a weekly basis
* Assist with bookkeeping of bank payment entries
* Perform additional duties as assigned
The skills you will demonstrate
* 2+ years of experience in accounting and bookkeeping
* Working knowledge of Swiss CO (opportunity to learn US GAAP)
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal), French and English required, German is a plus
* Strong organizational skills
* Detail-oriented, passionate, and collaborative
* Proficiency in Excel and accounting software, GIT experience is a plus
* Eagerness and ability to learn new technologies
Words from the team
We believe we can create the dream team that executes the gold standard for accounting. SonarSource makes incremental improvements by taking baby steps. We believe in mindfully making changes for the better and do not rush largely impactful decisions. This means you will receive continuous support from your team when you are asked to accomplish an objective and will have plenty of opportunities to provide feedback when someone else on the team is leading an initiative. If you are seeking challenges and opportunities to make an impact, we'd love to hear from you.