Administrative Assistant 50%
- Institut de hautes études internationales et du développement
- Date de publication
The Executive Education of the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies is looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to its Executive Master in Development Policies and Practices programme.
The Administrative Assistant will be a member of the Executive Education team and will be reporting to the Programme Officer. The role of the administrative assistant will be to assist the programme officer in the administrative and logistic aspects of the programme.
More specifically, the administrative assistant is expected to assist the programme officer in the following areas:
- Preparation of promotional material including website;
- Responding to prospective candidates’ questions on the programme;
- Monitoring of the candidates’ application files;
- Preparation of the admissions and providing accounting monitoring of the admissions;
- Preparation of documents and training material for the participants;
- Managing orders to suppliers;
- Supervising the logistic of the training sessions (rooms, meals, interpretation, visits…etc.);
- Organising travels, stay for speakers and participants (transports, visas, accommodation, insurance), and managing related financial transactions (per diem, accommodation, etc.)
- Preparation of contracts for speakers;
- Preparation of diplomas;
- Drafting reports on the evaluation of satisfaction by the participants and/or additional report needed for the programme;
- Any additional administrative tasks to support the programme.
The candidate's profile should include the following qualities, skills and attributes:
- Business administration qualification (CFC Commerce or equivalent);
- At least 4 years of professional experience in a position similar to the job, including an experience with the organisation of travels for complex projects;
- Fluency in written and spoken French, English and Spanish a must (including the ability to draft in a clear, concise style in the three languages);
- Dynamism and pro-activity;
- Attention to the details;
- Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
- Full proficiency with standard office software and other relevant applications to the position; Willingness to learn and use relevant software to the position;
- Excellent presentation and very good communication skills (spoken and written);
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Professionalism and commitment to the job;
- Interest in issues of international relations and development studies;
- Knowledge of international Geneva a plus.
We look forward to receiving
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.