Administrative Officer (TJO), P4 (Temporary Job Opening)
- Date de publication
This position is within the International Impartial and Independent Mechanism to Assist in the Investigation and Prosecution of Persons Responsible for the Most Serious Crimes under International Law Committed in the Syrian Arab Republic since March 2011 (IIIM) located in Geneva, Switzerland. The Administrative Officer will report to the Chief of Staff.
Description du poste :
Within delegated authority, the Administrative Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
• Initiates and coordinates actions covering the entire span of human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, performance appraisal, vacancies, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training, etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures.
• Provides expert advice with respect to conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
• Represents the Department/Unit at Departmental Panels and appointment bodies.
• Reviews post incumbency reports for purposes of vacancy management and staffing table control.
• Leads, oversees and coordinates the preparation and implementation of the work program and budget to ensure compatibility with work priorities and objectives, taking into account the most effective use of resources.
BUDGET AND FINANCE
• Initiates and conducts studies to improve budget reporting systems and cost-effective utilization of program resources.
• Monitors and controls budgetary allocations through regular reviews; drafts routine and ad hoc outputs; and provides effective monitoring reports and data. Identifies deviations from plans and proposes corrective measures.
• Establishes and maintains a set of sound policies, procedures, standards and tools which are consistent with UN policy and practice in order to ensure proper accounting, financial management and control.
• Implements and monitors support services, including procurement of supplies and services; transport, travel and traffic, communications, engineering and information technology support; and provision of local utilities and service requirements.
• Supervises a staff team and/or provide advice to others on human resource administration, financial administration and management information issues and practices to colleagues.
• Produces major/complex reports for management.
• Provides expert guidance and leadership to more junior staff.
• Performs other related duties as required, e.g., reviews of Secretariat offices and departments at headquarters/missions, operational travel programme, adequacy of departmental space requirements, and technology requirements.
• Performs other related work as required.
Description du profil :
• PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of administrative, budgetary, financial and human resources policies and procedures. Ability to apply various United Nations administrative rules and regulations in work situations. Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to conduct independent research and analysis. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
• PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.