BBP - Finance Manager
- Genève (Ville de Genève)
- Date de publication
The EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), situated on the Campus Biotech in Geneva, Switzerland, applies advanced neuroinformatics, data analytics, high-performance computing and simulation-based approaches to the challenge of understanding the structure and function of the mammalian brain in health and disease. The BBP provides the community with regular releases of data, models and tools to accelerate neuroscience discovery and clinical translation through open science and global collaboration.
For our operations team, we are currently seeking to fill the following position:
BBP - Finance Manager
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and develop the BBP financial team
- Prepare and maintain a detailed expenditure plan covering multiple years and funding sources.
- Supervise the administration of purchases, orders, internal and external invoices.
- Monthly monitoring of expenses assigned to BBP grants and accounts.
- Prepare related adjustment, transfer and posting forms.
- Prepare financial reporting for the various grants.
- Manage and monitor the financial aspect of external collaborations of BBP (consultants, collaboration agreements, sponsors, services provided by BBP personnel) and BBP-funded grants as well as the periodic renewal of such contracts with involved managers.
- Manage the archival of administrative documents and ensure that the BBP is auditable at all times.
- Support BBP researchers in the writing of grants, specifically for the financial part.
- Develop, manage and implement finance and grant management-related projects aiming to improve existing processes and workflows, efficiency, and visibility for management and budget owners.
- Degree in finance, business, administration, research management or related.
- 3-5 years of experience in grant management and administration in an international company, higher-education or research organization.
- Knowledge of common funding agency rules (e.g. EU-FP7 and H2020, FNS, …)
- Excellent English and French written and spoken mandatory
The Blue Brain Project is:
- A world-recognized leader in simulation-based research in neuroscience.
- A dynamic, multidisciplinary, international and collaborative working environment committed to benefitting the global community
- A modern working environment, based at the Biotech Campus in Geneva Sécheron
Start date: June 2017; Activity rate: 100%; Deadline for application : until position is filled Duration of contract: 1 year,Ref : BBP – Finance Manager
Applicants should submit a cover letter and a detailed CV in PDF format only, with file name “Surname_position _Cover Letter” and “Surname_positon _CV” electronically to Please use the reference of the position title in the “object” field.