- Les Roches - Global Hospitality Education
- Date de publication
Career&Placement Counsellor - Permanent
Position based in Bluche
Les Roches is a leading hospitality school in Switzerland located in a fantastic environment with magnificent views of the Swiss Alps. Les Roches campus in Switzerland has evolved from a small family owned vocational school established in 1954, to an international hospitality management school, while maintaining its family spirit and friendly environment. This is the place where innovation, entrepreneurship and global mindset come together. Our campus in Bluche is truly international, with around 250 employees and more than 1000 students from all over the world. We are proud to employ some of the leading experts in their fields, and we are always looking to strengthen our team.
We are now seeking a Career&Placement Counsellor.
- Collaborate with faculty, administrators, Alumni Coordinator and Career Services departments to identify, define and meet student career planning and placement needs, goals, and objectives set up by the manager.
- Provide individual and group career counseling and career direction services to students.
- Develop career services and career counseling approaches for changing student populations including minority students, non-traditional students, and returning students.
- Supervise the acquisition, maintenance and dissemination of information regarding career fields, employment opportunities and specific employers for full-time, part-time, internship and work-study opportunities.
- Design and develop programs and services to equip students and graduates with necessary job search skills and employment preparation strategies.
- Maintain and develop relationship with employer best in field within the hospitality sector and liaise with the senior partnership and career advisor to identify and bring recruiters and potential hospitality employers on campus.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of Internet applications and databases.
- Assist students to draw up action plans for employment, providing advice on CV, applications, job hunting and interview techniques
- Research careers options and support organizations to meet people's needs.
- Effectively manage recruitment company visits on campus as assigned by manager.
- Keep up to date with labour market information and legislation (Visa application).
- Help students to understand the current employment market.
- Implement and maintain procedures that relate to internship procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant professional experience in Hospitality or Human Resources.
- Minimum 5 years proven track record in successfully leading large hospitality related business within complex and matrix competitive environment, preferably in Hotels or hospitality related sector.
- Experience in interviewing and job placement is a must.
- Depth knowledge of the current and changing International Hotel and Hospitality business market worldwide.
- Ability to work cooperatively as member of a team and in a professional manner.
- Ability to organize activities and coordinate groups of people.
- English and French (writing, listening, speaking), plus an additional language
- Ability to work independently and follow-through on assigned tasks.
- Desire to meet and work with students
- Ability using IT for administrative tasks, skills assessment tools, career planners, psychometric tests, personal inventories, presentations
- Interpersonal Skills and communication
- Flexibility, energy and enthusiasm