Category Financial Manager
- Kelly Services
- Date de publication
|This role provides key financial, analytical support and direction to the relevant Category Head as well as support to the Category Finance Director. Scope includes financial management and planning, governance and decision support. |
This role will focus on decision support, ensuring quality analytics and insights are communicated to optimize business understanding, resource allocation and investment decisions.
- Serve as Finance Business Partner for the Category, providing sound financial support and advice to commercial teams in the Category, the Head of the Category and to the FD of the Category
- Provide input and financial support to the long range and strategic planning process, identification and quantification of organic and new business opportunities, divestment analysis as required and investment spending resource allocation (A&P).
- Provide input and financial support to the Commercial brand teams thru use of standard business valuation model to support Innovation thru the stage-gate process as required by Project Management Board (PMB) governance.
- Provide input and financial support to all strategic category projects e.g. capital investments and licensing opportunities.
- Effective financial control of the Category P&L, including month end close activities specific to Category spends, both commercial and operational, reporting performance and driving appropriate action to deliver the financial commitments.
- Ensure close financial alignment between R&D, Category and markets on innovation projects. Support the Category FD to ensure that financial forecast innovation projects are robust and drive Category intervention in areas where innovation sales are below target.
- Working at a strategic level with the Category & Supply Chain teams to ensure the manufacturing strategy is optimized to drive gross margin improvements.
- In partnership with Business Analytics team, support development of brand pricing strategy including brand pricing maps to drive for markets to implement price increases as appropriate.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place within the Category to be compliant with policies, standards and reporting requirements. Support internal audit of the Category activities as necessary.
- Minimum 10 years financial management and analysis experience, including experience in consumer healthcare.
- In depth understanding of systems and processes, operating at highest level of integrity and compliance.
- Strong commercial acumen and International perspective.
- Strong analytical, investment appraisal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels, especially ability to articulate financial metrics into decision making support & metrics.
- Ability to shift between strategic & operating focus.
- Proven organizational and planning skills, handling multiple priorities under immense pressure and pending deadlines. Strong motivation and drive demonstrated. High energy levels with desire to excel.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities.
- Excellent customer partnership and focus.
- Ability to foster and develop relationships across multiple forms of communication, not just face-to-face.