Chief Propulsion Engineer
- Destinus SA
- Date de publication
As a Chief Propulsion Engineer, you will have the opportunity to run the propulsion development for our near-space vehicle program in support of creating the fastest transportation on earth. You will be primarily responsible for developing propulsion systems, both for subsonic/supersonic and hypersonic flights. You will be part of our engineering team and interact with all engineering disciplines to resolve new engineering issues as they arise.
- Build a multidisciplinary team capable of design, develop, test and build a rocket and air-breathing propulsion
- Run activities on analytical and numerical analyses to evaluate rocket and air-breathing subsonic/supersonic/hypersonic propulsion systems, such as air turbo rocket, scramjet, dual-mode engines, etc.
- Manage the development of propulsion models for a variety of subsonic/supersonic/hypersonic configurations using hydrogen as a fuel
- Organize the design and vehicle integration of propulsion systems in Destinus near-space vehicle
- Develop propulsion models using analytical, numerical, and ground test data
- Contribute to the integration of complex aerospace systems
- Support the preparation of business proposals to the government and industry
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity, and fulfillment of commitments
- Doctorate degree in thermodynamics, aerodynamics, aerospace, or related engineering field with a minimum of 15 years of experience or similar master’s with a minimum of 20 years of relevant experience
- A minimum 10 years of experience leading teams or projects.
- Demonstrated deep domain knowledge in rocket and air-breathing propulsion, thermodynamics, liquid hydrogen technologies, and system modeling, including economic factors.
- Proven success in influencing teams to develop novel breakthrough technologies
- Demonstrated track record of influencing and working with government funding agencies
- Experience leading large, multi-disciplinary research teams and reporting out to Senior VP and CEO leadership levels.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead multimillion-dollar programs
- Ability to make decisions with confidence when problems or solutions are not well defined
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Vaud, Switzerland, or Bordeaux, France
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence and collaboration
- Experience in a scramjet, air turbo rockets, rotating detonation engines.
- Familiarity with multiple European aviation and space community and proven ability to leverage cross-business networks to achieve outcomes
- Demonstrated capability to thrive in a matrixed team environment
- Proven ability to manage risk and uncertainty for self and team within a dynamic priority-setting environment
- Strong technical understanding paired with an ability to understand a wide range of technology domains, influence, facilitation, and negotiation skills; boundary-less/solution-focused approach
- Demonstrated ability to take an innovative idea from a research to a product Strong record of peer-reviewed journal publications and conference presentations
- Team leader
- Capability to integrate into and work within a team from different geographical locations
- Technical presentation and reporting skills
- Initiative, autonomy, and self-development
- High level of English, spoken and written
Please, send your application by e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org
with the offer’s number and join your CV, application letter, copies of work certificates and diplomas.