Corporate Communications Manager
- Eaton Industries Manufacturing GmbH
- Vaud (La Côte)
- Date de publication
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for a:
Corporate Communications Manager
Location: Morges, Switzerland
The Morges EMEA HQ employs around 80 people. The main functions there are Legal, Internal Audit, HR and Finance.
The primary function of the Corporate Communications Manager is to develop the communications strategy as part of regional communications leadership team, safeguards Eaton's reputation ensuring positive image in market and builds Eaton's external brand identity, awareness and reputation.
You work with Eaton business and corporate leaders and will influence marketing communications colleagues in each business to develop and deliver key communication initiatives that build the Eaton Brand in key themes as well as targeted emerging market geographies.
The position is to work within the Corporate Communication Team and reports to the Head of Corporate Communication.
- Develop & launch Eaton's Environmental stewardship strategy & approach in EMEA to position the company as a leader in the field, through messaging development, content creation and multimedia and multi-channel communication programs.
- Launch & drive increased brand visibility & awareness through earned media impact of the We Make What Matters Work Brand positioning in conjunction with global and local communication teams.
- Initiate strategy, build content and drive media outreach at key corporate events such as site openings, industry conferences and public affairs engagement.
- Train senior leaders to manage media engagements and place them in media, conferences and via external awards to effectively deliver key messages & improve their visibility at a business and functional level.
- Manage and grow a group of brand advocates across the company that is able to tell the Eaton story and drive a positive reputation and awareness of the company.
- Manage communication responses to crises and issues across the region and organize and run regional crisis & issues communications trainings for Eaton executives.
- Direct and coordinate a team of internal and external resources to upgrade relevant corporate content available through EMEA websites and social media, to increase market engagement across the region.
- Build, deploy & utilize innovative online tools to support communications efforts and improve effectiveness of all communication activity.
- Manage, maintain and update regional external corporate related communication through digital channels to ensure all stakeholders understand and are aware of Eaton as a partner of choice, active member of local communities and as a thought leader in key fields.
- Build collaborative, productive working relationships with counterparts in the businesses to ensure a continuous two-way flow and alignment of communications, providing advice and support when required.
- Business Acumen: Strong working business knowledge, ability to learn, intellectually curious with 8-10 years’ experience in PR, communications and marketing, ideally working in an international context involving pan-regional coordination, brand building, thought leadership and public affairs.
- Building Relationships and Using Influence: Positive personal presence, culturally sensitive and able to communicate in a clear and compelling manner. Build and sustain strong relationships at multiple levels of the organization and interact with senior executives. Must be able to achieve results through hard and soft influence.
- Strategy & Execution: Ability to support development of strategic communications plans that link directly to business needs. Successful experience in the development, project management and implementation of corporate communications at a company or business unit level communications strategies with a strong marketing orientation. Comfortable with executing directly and flexibility for meeting changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communications skills, including but not limited to English as knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage. Thorough knowledge and demonstrated proficiency of internal and external communications, media relations, marketing communications, community relations and stakeholder outreach.
- Change and innovation: Experience in leveraging communications to help engage employees in business strategies and drive organizational change. An entrepreneurial bent to seize opportunities, as well as be proactive in identifying trends and future opportunities. Experience in introducing new communications initiatives/practices in both a local and multinational environment
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit .
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
- © 2017 Eaton
All Rights Reserved
- © 2017 Eaton
- Powered by