Group Chief Accounting Officer
- MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A.
- Genève (Ville de Genève)
- Date de publication
MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. is a privately owned global shipping company founded in 1970 by Gianluigi Aponte. As one of the world’s leading container shipping lines, MSC operates 480 offices across 150 countries worldwide with over 24,000 employees.
Group Chief Accounting Officer
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer and based in Geneva we are currently looking for a Group Chief Accounting Officer to join our HQ.
The Group Chief Accounting Officer will be in charge of the complete accounting department of MSC Geneva, main operational entity of MSC Group. The main mission will consist of ensuring that all accounting records of MSC Geneva are complete, accurate and prepared on a timely basis. In this role the candidate will also be the link between the finance function and the rest of the business units. This person will also be a dotted reporting line for all Accounting Managers in our offices around the globe. This means the role will focus on the HQ in Geneva but also on the rest of the world in terms of accounting processes.
Key responsibilities for the role will be to:
• Coordinate the preparation of MSC Geneva financial statements according to Swiss CO and IFRS
• Responsibilities for all aspects of the Group’s financial closing process, including intercompany reconciliation
• Monthly closing process and management accounts delivery
• Coordinate closely with internal audit, information technology and other functions to ensure proper internal controls over financial processes and financial closing
• Coordinate with teams the Half Year and annual consolidation reporting and work with both internal and external auditors during financial and operational audits
Ensure all accounting associates have a clear understanding of
• Fixing of group accounting policies and support with SAP implementations
• Lead and manage the accounting department of 40 employees including performance management, talent management as well as training and development follow-up and monitoring
• Reinforce the performance culture resulting in meaningful process changes or improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness, as well as meeting the needs of a high growth business
In addition to these, the candidate will be able to quickly built relationships with teams based at our HQ in Geneva but also local teams in various countries.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• Master Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
• Recognized Certified Public Accountant Diploma is a plus
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in accounting,
• Some previous experience in big audit firm
• Good knowledge of IFRS and Swiss Co
• Previous exposure to the shipping industry: highly regarded but not mandatory
• Current knowledge of financial and accounting computer applications such as SAP FI/CO, MSC Office, Cognos
• Excellent command of English and French both written and spoken
• Great communication and listening skills
• Patience and problem solving
• Ability to build great relationships with various key stakeholders
• Team player
• Great capability to develop teams to high performance that is highly engaged, efficient, and recognized as experts both internally throughout the global organization and externally among our clients
In return, we will give you a fantastic opportunity to be part of a renowned company in which you will have plenty of opportunities to grow your role and develop projects.
We welcome your expression of interest in English with a full cover letter. Only suitable candidates will be contacted. Prevous candidates interviewed with MSC, please refrain from applying.
Profil minimum requis:
- Minimum of 10 year's experience in accounting
- Master Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Perfect command of both English and French, spoken and written
- Excellent People Management's skills