Lead Financial Accountant
- Eaton Industries Manufacturing GmbH
- Vaud (La Côte)
- Date de publication
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit .
Lead Financial Accountant
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for a:
Lead Financial Accountant
Location: Morges, Switzerland
The Morges EMEA HQ employs around 80 people. The main functions there are Legal, Internal Audit, HR and Finance.
The primary function of the Lead Financial Accountant is to carry out the accounting and compliance requirements of the Eaton legal entities headquartered in Switzerland and assist the Country Controller organization in ensuring all goals and targets associated with internal controls, internal auditing, external audit, statutory reporting and financial advice are met. The analyst is responsible for ensuring compliance with Corporate Policy and legal requirements and functions as an agent of change to improve systems and procedures. This position is responsible for successful liaison among global financial accounting, treasury, tax, legal, internal and external audit and operations on matters involving both group reporting and the differing local statutory accounting and tax compliance requirements.
The role provides financial leadership on US GAAP and statutory accounting, corporation income tax and indirect tax accounting for the country. The incumbent supports end to end process improvements projects, working with other process stakeholders to improve process efficiency, effectiveness and internal control and is a proactive business partner to Operations, enabling the Operations Finance team to focus on business issues.
The position is to work within the EMEA Finance Team, reports to the Finance and Compliance Manager and is part of a team of 6 based in Morges.
- Meet reporting deadlines for monthly, quarterly and year-end closings - ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial results supporting the Actuals, Forecasting and Profit Plan process.
- Ensure compliance with Eaton financial policies, USGAAP, local statutory regulations, internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Manage & improve financial controls & processes while mitigating issues, perform specialized analyses to support decisions.
- Provide metrics/reports to demonstrate effective process controls, manage multiple projects and process improvements.
- Ensure ethical standards are maintained in a manner that accrues maximum benefit to Eaton across all divisions.
- Co-ordinate and act as a consultant, in the provision of advice and technical assistance to in-country operating divisions, global headquarters and international shared service centers, on: central processes and systems, technical accounting issues, VAT, fiscal matters, and compliance in accordance with US and local GAAP and fiscally acceptable criteria and risk management objectives
- US GAAP compliance: perform and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the US GAAP accounting including the processing of manual entries in Oracle, preparation of account reconciliations and reclassification entries, analysis of fluctuations on major balance sheet accounts, controlling the aging of accounts receivable, supporting the headquarter cost invoicing process, supporting the FX hedging process and providing instructions and guidance to the ISSCs.
- Compensation & Benefits accounting: perform the reconciliations and accounting related to equity instruments under the EMEA Compensation & Benefits program
- Statutory compliance: control the VAT declaration process, maintain documentation for transactions impacting statutory filings and support statutory and tax reporting and audits/inspections
- Assist the Country Cluster Controller organization where needed.
- Professional qualification/degree in accounting required
- 5-7 years of relevant working experience
- Significant experience in finance/ accounting/ auditing within a multinational company`
- Strong understanding of Accounting (US-GAAP, IFRS), financial reporting, consolidation and analysis
- Excellent working knowledge of the English language.
- Ability to operate at a senior level in collaboration with diverse internal and external executives
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Please apply directly via our web site: