MRI Application Developer
- Date de publication
Lieu de travail : Lausanne
Secteur : Siemens
Type de contrat : Permanent
Job ID: 284607
Work location: Lausanne
Mode of employment: Full time only
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
With more than 40,000 employees, Siemens Healthineers is one of the largest technology providers for the health sector and one of the leading manufacturers of medical imaging technology, laboratory diagnostic equipment and IT solutions for healthcare. This is underpinned by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consultancy, training and service provision, available throughout the world and individually tailored to our customer’s needs - so that even more people are able to live a longer, better and happier life.
The Siemens Advanced Clinical Imaging Technology group at the EPFL Innovation Park in Lausanne is a joint effort between the Radiology Department of the CHUV and Siemens Healthineers. The goal of the group is to translate magnetic resonance imaging research into clinical routine, with a main focus on method development towards better clinical decision support. To this end, experts on MR image acquisition and image processing are closely working together in a constant exchange with medical doctors, enabling research and development which is clinically relevant. In order to strengthen our team we are looking for a person taking over the role as MRI Application Developer.
Your new responsibilities
- In such position, you will develop reliable automated software for clinical decision support based on magnetic resonance (MR) images.
- Your tasks span from the reconstruction of MR images to the development of post-processing methods with a focus on tissue segmentation techniques and automated interpretation of results using both classical and more recent machine-learning approaches.
- You will be embedded in a team of scientists and developers who actively work on clinical decision support systems in constant exchange with clinical partners and researchers.
- Together with your team members, you will drive several clinical decision support projects, actively interacting with internal stakeholders and external collaboration partners.
- You will also be able to shape the projects yourself with your own ideas and be responsible for corresponding project planning, timely execution, ensure transparency regarding the project status towards all stakeholders and documenting your results.Your ideas matter – you will be scouting for new methods to solve problems you face in the development projects, test and validate them and discuss the results in the team.
- You will be able to participate on international conferences in the fields of interest and occasionally travel to collaboration partners.
Your skills and experience
- Based on your background in biomedical imaging, image processing or related fields, you gained experience in MR image processing techniques, such as image segmentation and registration, tissue classification and related techniques, aiming at clinically valuable end points which can be validated using statistical methods.
- You possess a proficient knowledge of good practices regarding software design and development, especially regarding source control & versioning, continuous integration, debugging, testing and documentation.
- For such role you are a creative problem solver as well as a profound analyzer of statistics.
- Based on your previous work experience you are used to work with medical practitioners.
- Very good programming skills in Python, C++ and Matlab are a must have requirement.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in English, as well as a strong team spirit are an absolute prerequisite for the work in our international team.
Good reasons to work at Siemens Healthineers
We offer a huge number of national and international opportunities for development and a motivating, friendly working culture with good work-life balance thanks to flexible working models such as home-office and mobile working, generous holiday policies, paternity leave and sabbaticals, our women's network, a varied range of sports and a number of leisure clubs, as well as extensive benefits for junior and senior employees, mothers, fathers, single parents and those re-entering the workforce. Discover more reasons to join us at siemens.ch/jobs/why.
We look forward to receiving your full online application including CV, letter of motivation, references, certificates, and an indication of your availability. If you have any questions about this position, please contact us quoting the Job ID 284607 at: Daniela Antoni, phone +41 79 547 94 34.
Please note that we only accept applications via our job portal siemens.ch/jobs.
Siemens Healthineers is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.