- Institut de hautes études internationales et du développement
- Date de publication
The Executive Education of the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies is looking for a highly motivated Programme Officer to run its executive education programmes.
The Programme Officer will work under the supervision of the director administration of Executive Education and the programme(s) director(s).
Duties will cover the management of all administrative and logistical aspects of training programmes development and implementation, including among others:
• Executing the programme promotion and communication strategy including website management;
• Participating in the programme promotional activities and in the drafting of promotional material, as well as liaising with partner universities on such matter;
• Executing the candidates’ recruitment strategy and responding to prospective candidates’ questions over the programme.
• Liaising with programme speakers, collecting syllabi and other programme relevant information
• Overseeing the preparation of training material and training rooms;
• Overseeing evaluation of satisfaction by the participants;
• Making hotel reservations, arranging travels, welcoming guests, speakers and participants;
• Providing financial and accounting monitoring of the programme(s);
• When applicable, supervising programme assistant(s).
Depending upon the academic profile of the candidate, the Programme Officer may also be requested to support the programme director with some research on substantive issues tackled in the programme; as well as be involved in pedagogical activities related to the programme.
The candidate’s profile includes the following elements:
• Bachelor degree with exposure to International Geneva and knowledge of IR;
• Interest in issues of international governance and international/regional relations;
• At least 3 years of professional experience required;
• Fluency in written and spoken French, English, and Spanish (including the ability to draft in a clear, concise style);
• Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, Internet);
• Willingness to learn to use Jahia, Moodle and other web software;
• Professionalism, commitment, dynamism and proactivity;
• Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
• Excellent presentation and good communication (spoken and written) skills;
• Ability to communicate in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Experience in event management a minimum, experience in project management and adult teaching an asset.
We look forward to receiving
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.