- Chiquita Brands International
- Vaud (La Côte)
- Date de publication
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the accounting records in compliance with statutory requirements in a timely manner with accuracy and integrity of the balances
- Prepare financial statements and monthly/quarterly closing reports as well as the annual financial reporting
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate effective accounting control procedures (SOX) including on-going assessments and testing of existing controls to ensure compliance with US rules
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts and document business transactions
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy, completeness and integrity
- Identifies any potential accounting issues or problems and brings this to the attention of the team leader accountant
- Prepare and review revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents
- Resolve accounting discrepancies
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits
- Contribute ideas and recommendations which lead to process improvements
Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor's Degree (or similar) in Accounting and three to five years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles including US-GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications - preferred JDE.
- Experience in consolidation of companies preferred
- Experience in working for a multinational company.
- Good communication skills in interacting with all levels of an organization.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- English written and spoken required; Spanish would be a plus.