- Eaton Industries Manufacturing GmbH
- Vaud (Nord vaudois)
- Date de publication
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for a:
Location: Le Lieu, Switzerland
The Le Lieu site employs around 40 people and specializes in Data Center and railway solutions.
The Senior Accountant has the primary responsibility of supporting all the accounting requirements of the Eaton companies based in Morges and Le Lieu, working in liaison with the accounting and reporting team located in Morges and with the group’s International Shared Service Centers. The Senior Accountant is able to transform the requests coming from the accounting manager, the financial analysts and/or members of other functions, into accounting entries, accounting corrections or instructions or guidance to colleagues in other teams/functions.
The Senior Accountant is the focal point for queries about accounting procedures (AR/ AP/ GL/ FA), payment and approvals process, purchase orders, knowledge of accounting system (Oracle), month end closing checklist, account reconciliations and payroll.
The position is to work within the EMEA Finance Team, reports to the Accounting Manager and is part of a team of 3 based in Le Lieu.
- General Ledger responsibilities: uploading manual entries in Oracle, making account reconciliations, making reclasses, checking fluctuations on major balance sheet accounts, controlling aging of account receivables, controlling VAT declaration process, supporting HQ recharge process, providing instructions to ISSC.
- Account Payable responsibility: support as necessary the Accounts Payable Accountant to achieve his/her tasks with regards to: the approval process of non-PO invoices, controlling PO related purchase orders, supporting ISSCs in the resolution of invoices on hold, correcting errors, supporting the set-up of new suppliers, controlling aging of accounts payable and resolving AP related issues.
- Payroll and related accounts responsibilities: booking payroll accounting entries, calculating provisions for expat and locals, preparing the P&L variance analysis and ensuring the effective application of internal controls related to payroll matters including monthly account reconciliations.
- Fixed Assets responsibility: invoice capitalization, registration of new assets, controlling fluctuations of assets and depreciation accounts. Making physical inventory, controlling Oracle balances in coordination with asset management made by Facility function.
- Month end closing responsibilities: booking accruals, making recharges to other group entities, bank reconciliations, preparing FX and hedge reports, controlling activity processed by various ISSC teams, managing closing the checklists.
- Other administrative responsibilities: processing manual payments, supporting foreign VAT claim process, managing AMEX card process, updating accounting procedures, completing quarterly and yearly reporting schedules.
- Support the country cluster controller in group projects and other ad-hoc activities.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have excellent communication skills: must be able to work with all levels within the organization, across functional and cultural boundaries, partnering effectively with team members in remote locations.
- High level of IT system aptitude with a strong emphasis on accounting systems (Oracle or similar), Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to observe, evaluate, summarize and communicate effectively.
- Must have a highly analytical and process-driven approach, with attention to detail.
- Capability in multi-tasking, including prioritization of work and management / organization of time requiring minimal supervision.
- Must adapt to changes and support internal projects.
- Knowledge of Swiss payroll and Swiss social security is preferred.
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
What Eaton offers:
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Please apply directly via our web site: