SENIOR SYSTEM ENGINEER / IT SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
- Open Web Technology
- Genève (Ville de Genève)
- Date de publication
→ Senior System Engineer / IT System Administrator
Senior System Engineer / IT System Administrator
Open Web Technology is a technology and strategy consulting firm. We help our clients leverage new technologies to reshape their business, invent new products or transform their organization.
We are a brand of Swisscom Digital Technology SA, a joint venture established with Swisscom, whose goal is to become a leading provider of digital transformation consulting services for large companies in Switzerland in the Telecommunications, Banks, Insurances, Media and Consumer Goods industries.
Learn more about us at .
Open Web Technology has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer / IT System Administrator who will be responsible for the IT Infrastructure, more specific:
- Be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of our infrastructure (network, servers, conferencing)
- Be responsible of Open Web Technology Service Desk
- Manage our stock of Laptops and other devices, and of our software licenses.
- Support coworkers in their daily activities by addressing their IT demands and issues.
- Be part of a project team for one of our customers, with a Senior Systems Engineer / IT System Administrator role
Examples of activities and projects you might undertake
- Operate & Support the virtual infrastructure, using monitoring tools like Nagios or Sensu.
- Leads and coordinates our Service Desk activities.
- Deploy and configure new virtual machine or cloud instances, using configuration management tools like Puppet.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain hardware and purchase new hardware to reflect company growth.
- Passion for Information Technology.
- Good management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English.
- Expertise in Cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), expertise with Swisscom’s Dynamic Computing Services or Application Cloud (Cloud Foundry) is a plus.
- Good knowledge of Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu), MS Windows and Windows Server, networking (Fortigate, Aruba).
- Good knowledge of modern configuration management tools (Puppet).
- Good understanding of Security best practices
At Open Web Technology you will find a young, collaborative, respectful, entrepreneurial and highly connected team. As an IT Apprentice, you will have the opportunity to work with digital transformation experts and you will be fully integrated in the company life. At Open Web Technology, we work hard but we strongly recognize the importance of keeping the right balance between professional and personal life. As we are growing fast, our team is the perfect place for you to test your capabilities and learn from highly qualified professionals.Powered by