(Sr) Engineer - New Process Technology
- Date de publication
Description du poste :
Be a part of a revolutionary change!
At PMI, we've chosen to do something incredible! We're totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to deliver a smoke-free future. We're also exploring new categories, looking beyond nicotine to develop a new portfolio of innovative products.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you'll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It's so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that's exactly what's happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you'll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You'll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you're creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free and beyond nicotine future, your work could change the lives of millions.
To know more about PMI and why it is a great place to work, check out the following link: https://www.pmi.com/careers/beingfirst.
Your 'day to day'
As an Engineer - New Process Technology you'll define, carry out and contribute to the development of new process technologies critical to the performance of our products.
More specifically, you'll
• Handle the identification and development of new processing concepts (technologies), alternatives, initial designs, tests and understanding (de-risking) plans to meet product and process requirements under a low level of supervision
• Review technical trends and methodologies to support the process innovation portfolio
• Apply validated scientific & engineering principles and practices, and collaborate with relevant internal and external colleagues to analyze, substantiate, and identify critical to quality product transformation steps
• Produce and maintain accurate and complete design documentation that describes each new product, process technology and/or system, including all relevant information in line with Company, FDA or any other equivalent accreditation authority requirements
Who we're looking for
• Engineering/science degree in related field such as, for example: plastics, process, microtechnology, automation, or mechanical
• Meaningful relevant experience, preferably in tobacco consumer goods, pharmaceutical, food, or chemical industries
• Agility, problem solving and investigation skills
• Developed verbal and written communication skills
• Good reputation in engaging in proactive behavior and seizing opportunities
• Proficiency in English (both written and oral); French will be considered an asset
What we offer
Our success depends on the people of all genders who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We'll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world's best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business - our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: a smoke-free future.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.