- Part-time - Residential House Parent
- Collège du Léman Sarl
- Genève (Rive droite)
- Date de publication
URGENT - Part-time - Residential House Parent
We are looking to recruit a part time Residential House Parent to start as soon as possible.
Main Purpose of the Role
- To provide a safe, nurturing and well-being environment for boarding students.
- To monitor boarding students’ personal, academic progress, programme of activities, and achievements.
- To provide a high quality of pastoral care, “in loco parentis” (listening, caring, follow-up), in co-ordination with the School Counselling department and school nurses when appropriate.
- To provide a good follow up to each single student and keep the Head of Boarding and the Deputy Head of Boarding Head of Boarding informed as well as parents.
- To implement the Boarding House Code of Conduct and House rules, ensuring that alongside sanctions, rewards are also provided for the deserving boarders.
- To promote acceptance of other cultures from within the Boarding House
Key Responsibilities :
- To monitor general Boarding routine
- To care and supervise students and act in loco parentis
- To contribute to the activity program
- To communicate effectively with parents, agents, management and teachers
- To ensure the fabric of the House is taken care of
- To communicate effectively with the Full Time House Parent
Skills and Competencies
Good interpersonal skills, particularly with students
Excellent communication skills
Pressure resilient and well- organized
Possession of a teaching qualification would be an asset
A previous experience in pastoral care
A previous work experience with children age 11-18
| || |
Excellent English skills – with good knowledge of French
Please note that we only process applications received via our online recruitment portal. Any applications received by email or post will not be formally considered.
How to Apply
Collège du Léman is a member of the Meritas family of schools