Analytical Chemistry Laboratory Technician
- ADM International Sàrl
- Date de publication
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We’re a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life.
The successful candidate will report to the feed additive analytical service laboratory manager and will be based in Switzerland. The candidate will occupy a key role within the team and will be responsible for the daily operation of the analytical chemistry laboratory by 1) conducting qualitative, quantitative and characterization experiments, 2) ensuring the optimal functioning of equipment and processes, and 3) developing new methods in response to business and research needs.
Contribute to the daily operation of the quality and research laboratory :
• Perform laboratory experiments for both business support and research projects.
• Ensure the traceability of experiments and results.
• Participate in the development and validation of new analytical methods.
• Prepare, discuss and communicate results in a clear and effective manner, and contribute to the preparation of protocols.
• Participate in the global laboratory tasks (maintenance of instruments, material cleaning, waste elimination, material and tools procurement, instruments calibration…)
• Propose and implement improvements to methods and organization, when necessary.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor of chemistry, or similar with at least three years of experience in a similar position.
• At least two years of experience in both gas and liquid chromatography..
• Experience in the development and validation of analytical methods (GC and LC)
• Experience with laboratory quality systems (e.g. GLP)
• Experience in techniques for the characterization of organic and inorganic materials (e.g. vibrational spectroscopy).
• Experience in mass spectrometry (GC and/or LC) is an asset.
• Autonomous, curious and meticulous, with excellent team spirit.
• Proficient with standard Microsoft Office.Fact-based mindset, excellent analytic skills, ability to process data (Excel)… combined with the ability to make synthesis, step back, simplify complicated things, express his/her views and convince
• Good knowledge in organizational design and management of improvement/competitiveness projects
• Highly motivated, proactive, self-disciplined and curious.
• Fluent in English and good command of French. Other languages will be a plus.
• Good teammate. Hard-worker able to work under time pressure
Learn more about ADM at www.adm.com.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity at our company. If you feel this job is for you, unlock your potential and apply now online informing us about your earliest possible entry date and salary expectation.