Airplane Avionics Principal Engineer
- Destinus SA
- Date de publication
The Hyperplane is both a rocket and an airplane:
• A spaceplane with an actively cooled heat shield, designed for thousands of reentries and skip-entry cycles;
• A glider, capable of cruising in the stratosphere and landing at a common airport;
• A powered airplane, fully capable of flying through controlled airspace autonomously, conducting a powered approach, landing, and take off towards the next destination;
• Comfortable cruising at around Mach 15, redefining “fast”; and
• Hydrogen-powered, enabling truly carbon-free flight.
You will be primarily responsible for developing all avionics systems, including autopilot, ground control segment, both for subsonic/supersonic and hypersonic flights. You will be a part of our engineering team and interact with all engineering disciplines to resolve new issues as they arise.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Leading the entire operational and strategic procurement and development activities of avionics systems for our near-space vehicle program;
• Built vs. buy Strategy & Policies aligned to the company strategy;
• Orchestrate a global network of suppliers as well as a strong understanding of modern manufacturing to implement best practices and a continuous flow of innovation outside-in;
• Supplier Monitoring & Contract Management;
• Strong risk management to support decision-making process;
• Building a multidisciplinary team capable of design, development, and testing of avionics systems;
• Sharing expertise and insights with other engineers;
• Preparation of technical reports and presentations; and
• Responsible for problem report analysis and ensuring traceability.
Qualifications and Experience
• Educated in an Aeronautical or Industrial Engineering degree or a related discipline;
• Experience as an Avionics Engineer (in Space/ Aerospace sector is a plus);
• Experience leading large, multi-disciplinary research teams and reporting to Senior VP and CEO leadership levels;
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead multimillion-dollar programs;
• Ability to make decisions with confidence when problems or solutions are not well defined;
• Demonstrated ability to take an innovative idea from R&D to a product;
• Strong analytical skills, fast comprehension, and understanding of complex avionics system concepts;
• Good communication skills, proactive attitude, and problem-solving skills;
• The ability to work to strict timescales as part of an integrated, multidiscipline team, as well as autonomously; and
• Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment are required.
• Knowledge of the English language is required;
• Knowledge of the French or German language is a plus.
Please, send your application by e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org
with the offer’s number and join your CV, application letter, copies of work certificates and diplomas.