Analytical Chemist-Metabolomics Intern
- Date de publication
Description du poste :
Be a part of a revolutionary change
Times are changing at PMI. We have chosen to do something big. The world expects us to act responsibly. And we are doing just that by transforming our business by building a smoke-free future and creating products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
Wherever you join us, you will enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions. It is the perfect setting place to start your career. Are you up for a 6-month challenge starting in February 2022? Then apply now, we are looking for you!
Analytical Chemist-Metabolomics Intern
We are looking for you:
• Pursuing your Master's degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related field
• Knowledge in gas & liquid chromatography as well as mass spectrometry
• Familiar with sample preparation procedure (LLE, SPE, maceration…)
• Awareness on quality requirements for analytical measurement
• Well organized and flexible to comply with change requests
• Communicative, results driven and willing to learn on the fly
• Very good command in English and/or French
If you are also good with deadlines, teamwork and feedback, you are the one we want for our Life Science Department (in Philip Morris Products S.A., Research and Development Center) in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
In our metabolomics team, we are conducting research projects by developing innovative solutions to investigate bioactive substances. We are using state of art analytical instrument as well as computational models to identify, characterize and quantify compounds of interest to elucidate metabolic pathways.
As a student, you will contribute to a project that consists of developing and optimizing analytical screening method(s) based on gas and/or liquid chromatography in the field of plant metabolomics. To do this, you will need to become familiar with analytical instrument such as chromatographic techniques coupled to mass spectrometry aiming at compound identification/quantitation. You will contribute to enhance analytical capability and implement innovative workflow to serve business. You will deliver results within high quality standards in line with internal/external guidelines and according to timelines. In addition, you will liaise with your supervisor and stakeholder to present outcomes and performances of the analytical method(s).
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We will empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone's contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world's best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business - our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world's leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products ("RRPs"). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.